Studying The Bible
I. Christ Superior to the Prophets (1:1-3)
A. Prior revelations (1:1)
1. Partial: In many
2. Differential: and various ways
3. Historical: God spoke of old
4. Patriarchal: to our fathers
5. Prophetical: by the prophets;
B. Pre-eminent revelation (1:2-3)
1. Present: but in these last days He has spoken to us
2. Personal: in [the person of the] Son,
a. Appointed Heir: whom He appointed the heir of all things,
b. Universal Creator: through whom also He created the world.
c. Effulgent glory: who being the effulgence of His glory,
d. Exact image: and the very image of His substance,
e. Omnipotent Sustainer: upholding the universe by His word of power.
f. Sin-cleansing Sacrifice: When He had made purification for sins,
g. Enthroned Lord: He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.