Understanding The Bible
"The 15 Apostles"
J. Deering, AncientPath.net
The 15 Apostles
- Simon Peter (Cephas, Bar-Jona) (Brother of Andrew)
- Andrew (Borther of Peter)
- John (Son of Zebedee, brother of James)
- Philip (Invited Nathaniel)
- James (Son of Zebedee, Brother of John)
- Bartholomew (Nathanael) (Bar-Tholmai)
- Thomas (Dydimus-"Twin")
- Matthew (Levi) (Contraction of Matthias -"Gift of Jehovah")
- Simon Zelotes ("The Caananite")
- Jude (Lebbaeus, Thaddaeus) (Brother of James)
- James "The Less" (Son of Alphas (brother of Joseph))
- Judas Iscariot (Son of Simon)
- Matthias (Replaced Judas Iscariot by choice of lots)
- Paul - a "Called apostle"
- James - a "Called apostle"